Helping Handmade has been set up to help local charities of Central Florida, National charities, and local, handmade artisans. Each craft event will benefit a different charity - they will be the recipient of any funds raised. Funds will be raised through vendor fees, a percentage of sales made by vendors, drawings, and donations collected at the event.
When you come to one of our events, please support our vendors who have contributed to the charity by participating in the event and paying vendor fees, as well as the many vendors who have donated items for the drawing to raise additional funds for the charity!
What We Do
Helping Handmade Staff
Charities We Support
Helping Handmade’s mission is to raise funds for local charities by organizing events, and to support local artists by providing venues to exhibit their work.
• Primrose Center: http://www.primrosecenter.org/
• Pawsitive Action Foundation: https://www.pawsitiveaction.org/
• It's All About the Cats: http://www.itsallaboutthecats.org/
• PALS/CARD (Autism Support): http://www.pals-ucfcard.org/
• Lighthouse Central Florida: http://www.lighthousecentralflorida.org/
• Easter Seals of Florida: http://www.easterseals.com/florida/
• Harbor House of Central Florida: https://www.harborhousefl.com/
• Orlando Union Rescue Mission: http://www.ourm.org/
• Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge: http://www.btnwildlife.org/
• Autism Society of Greater Orlando (ASGO): http://asgo.org/
• Food Pantry at Prince of Peace: http://www.poporlando.com/event/foodpantry/
Candace Greggs-Gardner - President, Main Vendor Contact
Leigh Nicoll - Founder, Vice President, Charity Liason
Lori Bachmann - Treasurer
Michelle Tan Julius - Board Member, Graphic Designer
Sara Burhans - Board Member, Event Volunteer
Erin Page - Board Member, Event Volunteer
Event Volunteers: Alisha Nocks, Ally Nicoll, Angella Nguyen, Barry Bressler, Becki Glogower, Carol Bickel, Dawn Hargrove-Richardson, Deborah Porter-Coffman, Erin Barton, Ghayda Joz, Kurt Bickel, Marilyn Thomas, Melinda Rodriguez, Michelle Rich, Sarah Bickel Del Rio, Tyler Gardner
We are grateful to our venues who have partnered with us and provided their facilities, specifically St. John Lutheran Church, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, the Primrose Center, and Polytechnic University, who are also organizations that are dedicated to serving the community.