Helping Handmade, Inc.
Donate Items for Free Drawing Tickets:
The Orlando Union Rescue Mission is always looking for donations of the items below. We will have a collection tent set up at the entrance for you to bring these items with you to donate. To thank you for your donation, you will receive a free ticket for the drawings to win beautiful handmade items.
Items that are needed:
- white towels / washcloths
- new pillows
- diapers (larger sizes only please, 4-6)
- canned goods and other non-perishable food items
Drawings for items donated by Vendors and Sponsoring Community Businesses
One of the most direct ways to raise money for the Orlando Union Rescue Mission is through entering our many drawings. Pictured below are just some of the items donated for the drawings. The money raised from the drawings will go directly to the mission.
How it works:
- Each item will have a separate drawing.
- Guests will donate money or needed items (see below) for tickets.
- $1 = 1 ticket, $5 = 6 tickets
- Guests will write phone numbers, email addresses, and other contact details on the tickets.
- Each item will have a jar, so guests will place their drawing tickets in the jars that go with the items they hope to win.
- The drawings will happen an hour before the end of the event (1-2 pm).
- If the winners are not present to claim their items, they will be contacted through the information on the ticket to arrange the pick-up of their won item.
- Money raised from the drawing will be added to the money raised from the vendors' sales and sponsors' donations, and will hopefully be a large portion of the money raised through this event.